28 May 2007

Instinctive Love


I was waiting for the company shuttle at a gasoline station this morning. I pulled one of the chairs of the convenient store and sat even without ordering anything. There were only a few chairs so some customers were standing, but they’re really not eating or anything, they were also waiting for something like me. but then something got my attention, seated infront of me was a couple. Judging by their clothes I definitely say she’s a saleslady in SM and he’s a messenger aboard a motorbike. The guy brought with him some puto and kutsinta and the girl bought coffee on styro from the convenient store. Let’s just say they’re not really a pretty couple, though the girl is fair, but the guy…hmmm he’s very dark, short and pimply. Plus he was wearing a red jacket on a hot morning and drinking hot coffee so imagine the sweat trailing down from his hair to his face, and his forehead, now continue imagining the smell J Anyways, seeing that her boyfriend (I say boyfriend because they don’t have wedding rings…but come to think of it, most couples don’t usually keep a wedding ring especially during trying times.) So her boyfriend was sweating like a bull, you know what she did? She wiped the boyfriend’s forehead with her palm (pimples and all), Some may find it yucky and unhygienic but I found it very sweet. Most people doesn’t know the wonders of tissue paper yet, and seeing the sweat trickling down his temples she acted on instinct, on compassion, on caring, and on love.

I guess I was filled with the emotion that I wished I had the guts to act on instinct too, even on a public place. To see an emotion as raw as that and right up to my face, who wouldn’t feel anything? That was the real meaning of PDA, showing affection; not showing desire through kissing and lust through groping.

But I must say, the Regine-Ogie thingy that I saw on tsismis yesterday overwhelmed me. They really seem to be in love. And I am happy for them (feeling close?). The way Ogie publicly admitted he loves her, and how Regine also publicly acknowledged her love for him and saying that their relationship is very important to her. It’s like a begging statement to the press saying don’t try to break us up, please… And during the concert of Ogie where Regine went to watch, they had their first public kiss, twice. Yeah I know it’s corny and all but they really looked so inlove. Anyways, I wish them well.

So the thing is, Love is still essential to our lives. Regardless of looks and the status quo… every bit of affection showing is, I must say courageous, and insticntive. And I wish for myself, to be able to do those things and not be ashamed. Not continuously looking over my shoulder aware of the prying eyes.

So, the saleslady and the messenger couple rode off in his red motorcycle, he dropped her off at the overpass going to SM. When the girl got off, she went back and gave him a hug and a quick kiss. I smiled. I wish they could stay like that for the rest of their lives.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    AAawWww..<=)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates