18 May 2009

De-Kulangot-Ation

This is the new word coined by me today at work when laughing at how my manager rapidly pronounces words. Dekulangotation is actually regularization said in a hurry. We were laughing our asses off during our post-shift meeting. We can never take things seriously, lol!

Anyhow, i went through the list of widgets that I can add to my blog and I came upon Imeem application. You can play the songs that you search for immediately and while reading my long posts you can enjoy yourself with your choice of music. As of this moment, I am listening to "The First Time I Loved Forever" by Lisa Angelle from the TV show Beauty and the Beast. This song actually brought back a lot of memories--bittersweet memories from the first time i've known this song. Ahh, college. Who could ever think it could be that boring and exciting at the same time? It may seem like I don't have a care in the world, but deep inside my senses are overwhelmed with emotions I don't know how to express! But I learned from it and I grew up.

And now listening to Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)". I love the video for this song. It's just like the Beauty and Beast. And the lyrics are just so powerful and suggestive (what are you not gonna do for love??). Plus meatloaf's voice is also equally powerful. I don't know what's up with post right now, I suddenly have this nostalgic feeling that everything reminded me of something I don't even have the slightest idea what!

Guess what, I am watching videos of the television series of Beauty and the Beast starring Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton. It's amazing, the words, the acting, the music and the cinematography. From the tragic pairing of a human wanted by many and an enchanted person living the tunnels, it inspired a lot of artworks and music compilation that a week would not be enough for me to watch it all.

The tenderness and passionate love Vincent has for Catherine, with his poems and carefully spoken words, plus the enthralling voice of Ron Pearlman, is enough to make you fall inlove over and over again. The innocence that Catherine has, and her devotion to Vincent, completes the equation of one great yet tragic love story.

Catherine: Vincent... Your hurt.
Vincent: The kind of hurt that heals easily.

Catherine: Tell me what you're feeling.

Vincent: Elliot is king in your world...

Catherine: Yes... in a way.

Vincent: He can offer you so much. The power to do great good. Beauty you've dreamed off.
He can walk beside you in the daylight. Last night, I, felt your fear for him.
The sorrows you share, your joy, in knowing he's alive, when death is nearest...when he...

Catherine: when he kissed me

Vincent: Yes. I felt, that too.

Catherine: I've never felt closer to Elliot than what I did last night.
I saw so much of what he's always kept hidden. The boy he once was, the man he could be.
We almost died together, and when he kissed me..just for an instant. some small part of me responded, and I wished..
I wished that it was YOU.

(Taken from a compilation of the TV Series)

Catherine & Vincent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates